How to I fix undefined symbol: _glapi_Context error?

Lionel Ulmer bbrox at
Sun Jul 8 04:18:11 CDT 2001

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:42:56 -0400, Kenton Groombridge
<kgroombr at> wrote:
>I compiled the latest Wine 20010629 without a problem, but when I go to
>run any windows app with wine I get:
>err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
>x11drv.dll: /usr/X11R6/lib/ undefined symbol: _glapi_Context
>Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'

This is a FAQ (but I wonder it if was ever put into the Wine FAQ) :-)

You are using the NVIDIA drivers but did NOT remove (as you should have) all
XFree86's OpenGL files...

		 Lionel Ulmer -