different font and window behaviour w/ diff X servers

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Sun Jul 8 16:40:03 CDT 2001

Hi:

Like Gerard Patel mentioned on the developer's list I can confirm
that Wine's behaviour _is_ now very dependant on which X server
is used and to top it: also this behaviour is varying quite a bit
depending on the Windows application which is run.
I have font problems with XF86_SVGA on a Trident Video-107PCI
(cheapy-cheapy) and not with XF86_S3 on a Diamond 2000 3D (old).
The problem was mentioned here already (EmHeight=3xBodyHeight).
Also there are windows (especially listboxes) problems with
16bit applications on the SVGA but not on the S3 X server.
At least no show-stoppers.
I hope this will get better as soon as I can install XF86 4.1x

It seems that Wine development will get far more tedious now
with the recent patches to windows management. How many different
X servers can a developer install and perform tests on?

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1509 ASUNCION PY