winelib problems with .configure

Steve Ledford sledford_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 09:31:42 CDT 2001

I am attempting to use winemaker on a relatively straightforward
Windows App that we have. Just a little background, we started the
effort by first evaluating our application in Wine itself and obtained
very good results. Now, we're moving on to try and compile a version
for Linux by using Winelib and running into this problem. I ran
winemaker with this: winemaker --lower-all  which finished ok. Then I
ran ./configure --with-wine=/opt/wine   and I get the following (I
have included the entire dump as due to my lack of experience the clue
may be somwhere early on) This is all being done on a RedHat 6.2 stock
install, no updates applied.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ldconfig... /sbin/ldconfig
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for i386_set_ldt in -li386... no
checking for _oss_ioctl in -lossaudio... no
checking for iswalnum in -lw... no
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for setrunelocale in -lxpg4... no
checking for mmap in -lmmap... no
checking for openpty... no
checking for openpty in -lutil... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for gcc strength-reduce bug... no
checking whether external symbols need an underscore prefix... no
checking whether we can build a Linux dll... yes
checking whether we need to define __i386__... no
checking for g++ -fpermissive option... no
checking for g++ -fno-for-scope option... yes
checking for windef.h... /opt/wine/include/wine
checking for -lwine... /opt/wine/lib
checking for -lntdll... /opt/wine/lib
checking for wine... /usr/bin/wine
checking for winebuild... /opt/wine/bin/winebuild
checking for wrc... /opt/wine/bin/wrc
checking for atldef.h... configure: error: Could not find the ATL
includes

What am I doing wrong that it can't find the .h file? I really
appreciate the help.

Also, if you have a second and could offer some direction and advice
on if there are any special handling requirements for a .exe that is
run from my main through a Windows system call. I can no longer get
the source for this .exe and I have to run it during setup so I am
stuck figuring out how to make it work. The same is true for some
dll's that I have as well (the hazards of picking up a legacy app
where we didn't get all the source!)

Thanks