Wine registry problem

Brian none at none.com
Tue Jul 10 11:35:42 CDT 2001

I just installed the rpm of Wine (latest version) on my Redhat 7 box, and
I'm having some problems. When I run wine, I get this error:

Warning: could not find wine.conf [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /home; starting in windows directory.

There is a wine.conf in the /home directory. I ran winecheck to see what
the problem was, but it just spit out a few more errors. The top 19 were
all "Ok". Here's the dump from the winecheck:

--------------------- checking system devices used by Wine ----------------
020. Checking sound device /dev/dsp...
CRITICAL (no kernel driver for /dev/dsp?).
- ADVICE: module loading problems ? Read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.

021. Checking audio mixer device /dev/mixer...
CRITICAL (no kernel driver for /dev/mixer?).
- ADVICE: module loading problems ? Read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.

022. Checking MIDI sequencer device /dev/sequencer...
BAD (no kernel driver for /dev/sequencer?).
- ADVICE: module loading problems ? Read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.

023. Checking device needed for DGA (option "UseDGA"): /dev/OK.

----------------------- checking registry configuration -------------------

024. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    CRITICAL (entry
"SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found).
- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg doesn't seem to have been applied using
regapi.

025. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   CRITICAL (entry
"Default Taskbar" not found).
- ADVICE: Windows registry does not seem to be added to Wine. This can
affect many newer programs.

25 tests. 0 suspicious, 1 bad, 4 critical, 0 failed.
Wine configuration correctness score: 49.59%

The machine doesn't have a sound card, so that's not an issue. What about
these registry errors though?

If anybody knows what's going on, please help.

Thanks,
Brian