libwine problem! - PLEASE HELP!!

Adam M adam at dyn68.physics.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jul 10 14:02:54 CDT 2001

Hi there,

Over the last week I wanted to move from using Borland windows compiler
to g++ with libwine. I used winemaker to make the makefile. Fixed some
problems with compiling (2 or so). But now I acn't start the program...
The output file is the amdprime.so and a amdprime symlink to the wine
script.

But if I try to run the symlink I get:

./AmdPrime: line 400: 29548 Segmentation fault      $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@" >$log_name 2>&1
Wine failed with return code 139

where line 400 is:

#  Okay, really launch Wine...
if [ $use_log_name -ne 0 ] ; then
    #  Okay, we bend over backwards to run Wine, get that status,
    #   but still display its output to the screen.
    #  The obvious thing to do is to run wine and pipe output to tee,
    #   but then I can't find a way to get the return code of wine;
    #   I only get the return code of tee.

HERE >>>>>    $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@" >$log_name 2>&1 &

wine_pid=$!

    tail -f $log_name &
    tail_pid=$!

    wait $wine_pid
    wine_return=$?

    kill $tail_pid
else
    $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@"
    wine_return=$?
fi

I also tried wine.bin AmdPrime.so but wine.bin says:

fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMParse /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/grkpoli.afm: Unkown AFM Weight 'Italic'
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
wine.bin: can't exec 'AmdPrime': invalid exe file

How can I get things going? The EXE file for windows works just like
under windows but to make it I have to reboot to winblows! ilink32.exe
(Borland's linker) doesn't run under wine...

Thanks for any help in advance,
Adam

PS. Before I posted that I "fixed" it by saying wine AmdPrime but that
just run the exe file in the firectory.... So it didn't fix anything..