Codeweavers install problem.

William D. Tallman wtallman at olypen.com
Tue Jul 10 20:31:39 CDT 2001

Hi...  trying to install Codeweavers-wine-20010305, which is the latest
stable build I understand.

It configures and then informs me that it'll compile but that building
without the Xpm development files won't work.  Sure enough...  they were
right...<grin>

So I go get the latest Xpm stuff and they turn out to be libxpm4-3.4 and
libxpm4-devel-3.4.  Got them in .src.rpm and built and installed them
without a hitch.  Reconfigured the wine source and it still couldn't find
the files.

There seemed to be some indication that it was actually looking for a
version that has been obsoleted, but the header file it was calling for is
on the system.

As near as I can tell, it wants to find XpmCreatePixmapFromData, which is
listed as one of a number of functions defined in the
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/xpm.h header file, and so far as I can tell that's
in one of the shared libraries in libXpm.so.4.11, which as a synlink
libXpm.so.  The shared library is a binary, and a hexdump shows the
function is part of that library.

What do I need to do so that the configuration routine finds Xpm (without
which wine won't work but they'd happily compile without it....arrgghh!!)?
 I looked at the various switches and args but no joy.

Has anyone run across this, and if so, anyone got an answer?

Thanks in advance, and if this was posted recently, my apologies but I
read everything on the news server....

Bill Tallman
--
Registered Linux User: #221586