Sims???

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed Jul 11 05:50:16 CDT 2001

jp at ulgo.koti.com.pl (Jacek =?iso-8859-2?Q?Pop=B3awski?=) writes:

> Few months ago I asked here about Wine and Sims. Somebody told me it's
> impossible. Today on slashdot I read, that writer have seen Sims on Wine... So
> - is it close?

You need

1. A crack (look on www.gamecopyworld.com) to remove the SafeDisc copy
protection. The SafeDisc VxDs and stuff will not work under Wine.

2. TransGaming WineX CVS

3. Lots of patience, or an OpenGL implementation from the future
(off-screen (GLXPixmap) rendering receives NO hardware acceleration in
the current OpenGL implementations, neither DRI nor nVidia supports
direct rendering into a GLXPixmap yet, hopefully they're working on
supporting that feature soon)