Help! Problem w/ Xlib

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at
Fri Jul 13 07:49:18 CDT 2001

Raymond Jou wrote:
>  What do I do to fix this.  Is it caused by an improper setting or
>  configuration?  Thanks for any help or hints.
>  linux01:/home/raymondj/debugmem.linux
>  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>  Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>  x11drv: Can't open display: :0
Are you trying to run Wine as root (su) while you logged on
into X as a user?
Anyway: more information needed: Which Wine version, distribution
X-server and version etc.

Regards, Ike
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1509 ASUNCION PY
 _________\ \_____/           rattle, aim, sting, wait, incorporate