Problem W/ Xlib

The Ghost In The Machine ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net
Fri Jul 13 15:06:45 CDT 2001

In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, Raymond Jou
<raymondj at cognigine.com>
 wrote
on Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:34:00 GMT
<I_t37.2672$q17.283562 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>:
>How do I fix this problem?  Is is caused by an improper setting or
>configuration?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>linux01:/home/raymondj/>debugmem.linux
>Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>x11drv: Can't open display: :0

[1] Do you have an X server running?  Is DISPLAY pointing to it?
[2] Have you run xauth or xhost?
[3] Did you check "Display" in [x11drv], and is it properly commented out?
[4] This is not quite the right newsgroup for these questions
    (we're more interested in Wine, as described in http://www.winehq.com ,
    although it does run on top of X.)  Followups therefore reset
    to more relevant newsgroups.

[.sigsnip]

--
ewill at aimnet.com -- insert random misquote here
                    [ ] Do you want this message to be private?  Oops, too late.