Compiler err compiling latest CVS

Andreas Mohr Usenet 07/01 xsidycvl001 at
Sat Jul 14 19:05:27 CDT 2001

tschweikle at wrote:
>>> Using bash:
>>>   export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at
>>>   cd ~/packages/CVS/wine
>>>   cvs upd -A
>> An RTFM here, an RTFM there...
>> It's amazing how easy a solution you can find in many cases...
>> you can always say "RTFM" :-)
>> Hmm, should be RTFW in this case, though
>> (as in many other cases with Wine, too)
>> In short: your flags are *wrong*

> Don' think so (excerpt from

> To check out the entire Wine source tree
>    (but read the next section before actually doing this!), do
>    cvs -z 3 checkout wine
It already mentions that one should read the next section.

Unfortunately the next section sounds to me like utter BS.
AFAIK you really, really need -PAd, nothing else.
I don't know why that content is described in such a messy way.

The fact that it worked the time you did a complete checkout kind of
proves that the -A flag was missing for your updates.

> Realy FAQ???
Yes, definitely (at least 5 times in the last couple of months).
And it's in the FAQ area now.

So is anyone against me fixing up the .cvsrc tag description section ??
(I guess not)

Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address:
my real address is (initial of first name).(last name)