Problems starting applications using wine

Thomas Schweikle tschweikle at fkn.de
Mon Jul 16 15:25:50 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:50:37 +0200, Thomas Schweikle
> <tschweikle at fkn.de> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >warn:win32:do_relocations Info: base relocations needed for
> >C:\Programme\Notes50\js32.dll
>
> I suspect you are using a very old Wine version.

No. Checked out CVS yesterday. Compiled it. Wine tells
xch4008 at teatime:~ > wine -v
Wine release 20010629

> >warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'KERNEL32.dll' not found in
> >'/local/w98/Programme/Notes50'
>
> I suspect that your config file is horribly bad : Wine seems to
> try to run Kernel32.dll natively (an impossible thing to do)

I compiled and installed wine using
configure
make depend
make
make install

Afterwards I configured from an existing config --- SuSE 7.2,
wine-20010326 --- leaving all other files in "~/.wine" untouched.

--
Thomas Schweikle <tschweikle at fkn.de>