wine and printing..

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at
Sat Jul 21 10:35:40 CDT 2001

Phrostie wrote:

>>I did the entries in the ~/.wine/config (psdrv and afmfiles),
> forgive my ignorance, but what is a afmfile?
> i have also been trying to get my printing to work with Wine.

AFM files are "Adobe Font Metrics".  They contain information about
PostScript fonts (font name, glyph names, glyph sizes, etc.), but not
the actual font information.

This information is now built-in to the PostScript driver for the 35
"core" PostScript fonts, so there's a good chance that you don't need
any of them.

Ian Pilcher                                         ian.pilcher at