installshield error

Andrew D Dixon andrew.dixon at seranoa.com
Fri Jun 1 14:20:13 CDT 2001

clark niven wrote:

> I am having problems with MS InstallShield Wizard.
Wine (ver 20010305)
> stalls on this process when I begin to open Flash5 with wine.

I get a simmilar error when I try to open word.  Wine apperars to be
working correctly but I get a message that, "this program needs the
microsoft installer to run correctly."

I haven't been able to solve this problem yet, but I do remember a
comming across a statement in one doc that you may need to tell wine
where .ini files live if there not in the same directory as the
executable.  (Sadly I forget where I found this info)\

good luck and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Andy