Wine on RedHat7.1?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Jun 12 14:08:38 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Marius Schäfer wrote:

> Hi there!
> I'm trying to compile Wine on my Red Hat7.1. But during the compilation my
> system suddenly reboots without any error message. Under Red Hat 7.0 I also
> can't compile it, only on SuSE 7.0 does it work!
> What's wrong? What can I do about it?
> Thx
> Marius

That is almost certainly a hardware problem, though as Francois
suggests, it may be a known hardware bug with a software avoidance you
can configure.  My machine (a junk-pentium 120) will throw segment
faults (signal 11) or do a hardware reset if the relative humidity gets
too high.  Have a look here, too:

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

gcc, wine, and X11 are about the best memory test programs going, but
they don't have very good diagnostics.

Lawson
---cut---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!