Wine installer

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Jun 13 20:55:24 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Peter Kirk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I run ./tools/wineinstall, I get this:
> Warning !! wine binary (still) found, which may indicate
> a (conflicting) previous installation.
> You might want to abort and uninstall Wine first.
>
> rpm -qa | grep wine gives nothing
>
> Why does this message come ? I don't have wine installed ! Does anybody know,
> when exactly this error occurs (what does it look for).

from a casual look at tools/wineinstall, it seems it does a

which wine

and if that gives a result, it thinks it has found a wine binary.

Try it yourself and see what you get.  Maybe you have a strange PATH or
a strange which that misleads wineinstall.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine release 20010510 (as amended),
junopine-2.0.2, Juno 2.0.11, pine-4.10, and linux-2.4.5.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.