Wine won't run

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Jun 14 07:44:42 CDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Marcus Roeckrath wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Joseba García Etxebarria wrote on Mit, 13 Jun 2001 about Wine won't
> run
>
> > I got the last stripped version of wine (010611-stripped) and no program runs
> > on it (for me) the facts is that neither the programs that run on my old wine
> > (010525-stripped)
>
> Same here. My stripped binary from 25.5.01 dowloaded from "Daily
> Wine" site works well with the applications I need but all later
> binaries from the same site has problems with most of my win programs.
>
> > It just displays this:
> > wine --winver win98 winamp273_full.exe
> > err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
> > (debugger/winedbg
> > 134661728 32) (2)
>
> I get similiar messages but with an other number on the last line.
>
> --
>
> Gruss Marcus
>
> Marcus Roeckrath -- Vikarsbusch 8 -- D-48308 Senden -- Germany
> Phone  : +49-2536-9944 -- Mailer/BBS/Fax : +49-2536-9943 (V34, X75)
> FidoNet: 2:2449/523
> E-Mail : marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
> WWW    : http://home.foni.net/~marcusroeckrath/

If y'all won't set up a debugger and give us a backtrace, or at least
the tail of --debugmsg +relay, I can only guess, but code was added to
wine recently that provokes a bug in glibc-2.1.3 and possibly earlier
glibc-2.1's, so if you have one of those, that may be it.  Alexandre has
put a patch on wine-devel for testing that works for me and others who
have tried it.  I expect it will be fixed soon, if it is not already.
If you have glibc-2.2.x that isn't it, but there is sure a little but
very ugly bug in glibc-2.1.3.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!