Wine installer

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Jun 14 15:29:10 CDT 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Peter Kirk wrote:

> > >from a casual look at tools/wineinstall, it seems it does a
> >
> > which wine
> >
> pwk at notch:~ > which wine
> pwk at notch:~ >
> > and if that gives a result, it thinks it has found a wine binary.

Maybe I am beating a dead horse.  Chapter and verse is:

# check whether wine binary still available
if [ -n "`which wine`" ]; then
  echo "Warning !! wine binary (still) found, which may indicate"
  echo "a (conflicting) previous installation."
  echo "You might want to abort and uninstall Wine first."
  std_sleep
fi

so if "which wine" produces any output - even a carriage return, it
provokes that message.

which wine | od

to see, or just cut the offending stanza out of wineinstall and run it
again.  wineinstall is only a tool, it can't think for you and doesn't
pretend to.  Ove and Chris, feel free to argue the point.

Wine is not windows :-)

Lawson

---You can't make a program that can't be lied to. ---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.