Problem writing to fat hd

Willy Gardiol gardiol at libero.it
Tue Jun 26 15:07:44 CDT 2001

> > The "/deposito" partiton is mounted like this:
> > /dev/hda5 on /deposito type vfat (rw,uid=500,gid=500,umask=0)
> > i am the user "500".
> >
> > The problem: i cant write to any FAT32 partition, never, under any win32
> > programs. I can write to ext2 partiotion:
> > for example, in Wonrd97 or VirtuaDub or whatever program i can save files
> > to: J:\example.doc
> > but cant to:
> > E:\example.doc
> >
> > it says "disk full or read only". The partition is NOT read only as you
> > can read (umask=0) and this problem happens even if i am ROOT!
>
> It must be my day to ask stupid questions.  Is it full?  "df" to see.

No, i have more than 2gb free on /deposito and less than 1gb on others
partitions.

> Can you write to it with an ordinary linux app, say
> cp /usr/local/bin/wineserver /deposito/splooft.exe
> rm /deposito/splooft.exe

yes, i can normally write to those partition with any linux program, both as
root and user.
Please note, my wine programs CANT write to fat partitions even if i am ROOT
(not exactly, some installation programs can write... but most of windows
programs cant)

--
Willy Gardiol
gardiol at libero.it