Problem writing to fat hd

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Jun 28 19:02:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Willy Gardiol wrote:

> > Not a linux permission problem, I think, and not _exactly_ a wine
> > problem.  Maybe there is some registry entry it wants for each drive to
> > know it may write on it?  What is on c:, BTW?  Is it read only?  Or did
> > you start with e: ?
>
> Could you be more informationfull about this point? So i can try to do
> sometinhg

Sorry, we have reached my level of incompetence.  I know windows apps
use the registry for all kinds of improbable things, but I don't much
understand it.

> > maybe try
> > wine --debugmsg +file blah.exe &>~/log
>
> You can find attached the output... it sayd pretty nothing to me

prova.doc?  It creates it (thrice. but the last is an "open existing"),
deletes it (twice) but I can't see that it ever tries to write anything
to it.  Maybe it is not even a file operation it is choking on.  Maybe
somebody could tell from a trace of when it works (to an ext2 file)
compared to when it doesn't, but full +relay traces to be sure to catch
it will be kind of huge.  It takes a windows app a tremendous amount of
thrashing around to actually _do_ anything.  The error message probably
means it failed to do something it tried to do between the time you
clicked "save" and the save was completed.

My mail app fails with "Insufficient memory or disk space" if it is run
with builtin riched32.dll, but works fine with the native dll.
> --
> Willy Gardiol
> gardiol at libero.it
> www.poli.studenti.to.it/~s92884
> digilander.iol.it/Shimitar
> Orgoglioso di NON essere Cattolico

Lawson
---oops---ground fault---circuit interrupted.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.