My First Wine

Paul john.p.richardson at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 25 21:21:50 CDT 2001

I've been a Linux user for a few years now but this is my first taste of
Wine.  Naturally, I've got a problem (leave it alone!).  A transcript of
my wine session looks like this:

# wine --winver win95 /mnt/cdrom/railatlas.exe
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
Warning: /mnt/cdrom/railatlas.exe not accessible from a DOS drive
Warning: /mnt/cdrom/railatlas.exe not accessible from a DOS drive
wine: cannot find '/mnt/cdrom/railatlas.exe'

The app is a run from CD railroad atlas (no installer needed).
My conf files (~/.wine/config and /usr/local/etc/wine/conf) both match
and have the floppy and cdrom pointing to their corresponding /dev
entries.  As far as I can tell from the documentation, I have the conf
file setup right.  I installed build 20010510 from source using
./tools/wineinstall.

Thanks in advance,
J Paul Richardson