Wine and BlitzIn

Pavel Sakov Pavel.Sakov at marine.csiro.au
Sun Jun 24 18:55:52 CDT 2001

Martin Andersen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed Codeweavers Preview 3, and have a
> windows partition. I run Blitzin (www.chessclub.com) and it
> starts up ok, but it cannot connect to the server. I have disabled the
> firewall on my linuxbox.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Martin.

Hi Martin,

I have tried to run Blitzin under WINE as well and the outcome is that
sometimes
it works, sometimes not, and I can not get a pattern (it is working
right now). This applies both to newer and older (16bit) version of
Blitzin. If it works, I have sound, all the windows, the only obvious
(and annoying) defect is that the terminal window does not work -- you
can type in and send your commands but you can not see what other people
are saying.

I am using SuSE 6.4/i386.

The WINE session log may look like:

(BEGIN)
wine BlitzIn2/BlitzIn2.exe
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 0 not supported
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 1095724048 not supported
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 1095724048 not supported
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 1095724048 not supported
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 1095724048 not supported
fixme:msacm:acmGetVersion 1095724048 not supported
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
fixme:mdi:MDIRefreshMenu partially function stub
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [2d80] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [25d8] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [1e78] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!
(END)

Personally, I prefer to use XBoard from Linux. It always works and have
everything I need :-).

Good luck,
Pavel