change location of .wine/

Ken Barr kbarr at ------.mit.edu
Tue Jun 26 20:09:58 CDT 2001

WINEPREFIX seems to conflict with the wine.conf directory established
when you configure with --sysconfdir.  Is this correct behavior?  I
thought that WINEPREFIX was to establish where the wineserver cruft
goes.  I guess not.

(actually, I don't think that sysconfdir works, but that's another
issue)...

   cagfarm-15) /tmp/kbarr/wine-20010510 % ./wine
   Can't open configuration file /u/kbarr/.wine/config

hm.  Why didn't it find the global config file established by
--sysconfdir

   (cagfarm-15) /tmp/kbarr/wine-20010510 % printenv $WINEPREFIX
   WINEPREFIX: Undefined variable.
   (cagfarm-15) /tmp/kbarr/wine-20010510 % setenv WINEPREFIX /tmp
   (cagfarm-15) /tmp/kbarr/wine-20010510 % ./wine
   Can't open configuration file /tmp/config

Why are you looking there!?

So, basically, I need the --config option back.  Which source file
contains the configuration loading code?