Remote/Local X differences

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Jun 27 15:26:19 CDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:56:28 -0800, Tony <tony at searhc.org> wrote:

>imported DLL?  I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, and I'm hoping
>someone can point me in the right direction.  Or some new direction, at
>least.

As you may have guessed if you have followed Wine for even a few
weeks, general Wine situation is pretty fluid, that is, it get broken
at some point or another on a regular basis. If you have hitten a
recent or transient bug, it may pay off to give a try to an older
version. Also, if you are using a recent Wine, I have a private patch
to cut on trace - it is set on or off by hitting Alt-F12. If this
can help you, reply and I'll mail it to you.

About your problem, I have absolutely no experience in remote
Wine. Obviously this has something to do with the handling of
an Api call by Wine, but it can be very tricky to understand what is
happening. At least in your case, if the logs are similar up to
the point you quoted, it is not a message timing problem - my
favourite :-). So it is probably a different case. What is somewhat
difficult to see is the case where a value returned in a parameter
passed by address is different :-/

I'm sorry I can't help you a lot, but the recent changes in Wine have
triggered for me a bit more than the 10 hours of debugging you
said...

Gerard