First time Wine--config problems

MindTrip mindtrip at swbell.net
Fri Jun 29 01:06:17 CDT 2001

Okay, I'm not a programmer, but I'm not new to Unix either--used it years
and years ago in college before Win 3.1 came out.  So I'm pretty rusty, but
it IS coming back....

Here's my problem.

I'm using Wine-20010510 on SuSE Linux 7.1.  Wine seemed to install fine, but
every time I try to run it, it says the c:\windows and c:\windows\system
directories are invalid.  I've double- and triple-checked my ~/.wine/config
file and compared it to /etc/fstab, and I'm pointing all the drives to their
appropriate mount points; ie

/etc/fstab
/dev/hda1    /windows/c
/dev/hda2    /windows/d
/dev/hda3    /windows/e

~/.wine/config
[Drive C]
Path=/windows/c
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95

etc. etc., same for the other windoze partitions.

But when I run winecheck, it keeps saying no path has been specified in the
config file.  The drives are mounted--I can access them from the linux
command prompt just fine, and can see the /windows/c/windows and
/windows/c/windows/system directories just fine, but wine isn't seeing them.
I've looked at the FAQ's and HOW-TO's on winehq.com, and I appear to have
everything set correctly in the config file.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Drew Sylvester
mindtrip at swbell.net