Deus Ex in Wine - working

Erian McKinley emckinley at cardweb.com
Fri Jun 29 06:38:14 CDT 2001

hey all, i know it's kind of pointless to get Deus Ex running in wine now thnx
to loki (j/k), but if you have shelled out $$ for Deus Ex winblows version, now
you can run it in wine. I got Deus Ex running yesterday with TransGaming's
(www.transgaming.com) version of wine. I ran it in both OpenGL and Glide mode,
video runs excellent. Mouse input is great as well, much better than the
standard winehq version, or so it seems to me. My only hangup is that i get no
sound at all, which is very strange. It seems like all Unreal Tournament -
engine based games, like Deus Ex and Rune play fine w/ 3d acceleration in wine,
but there is no sound. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this working,
let me know. In the meantime, i'll be poking around w/ it seeing if i can get
some sound. thnx for listening.

j_e