Word 2000 on Wine

Rene Esquivel rene.esquivel at cingular.com
Fri Jun 29 07:22:31 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:38:41 -0500, Rene Esquivel
> <rene.esquivel at cingular.com> wrote:
>
> >I keep hearing that Ian Schmidt figured out how to get Word 2000 to work
> >under Wine. Well, his domain comes up unknown and all references I have
> >seen on this subject hyperlink to his defunct URL.
> <snip>
>
> Ian Schmidt Wine page is at http://wine.godmonkey.com
Thanks for the link. From all the talk I see on the subject I think I
need to wipe out the W2K partition on my laptop and install Win98ME in
order to really enjoy Wine. My objective is to see if I can get
QuickBooks, AutoCAD Lite, and a viewer to work under FreeBSD->Wine for a
friend who desperately needs Unix stability and robustness in his
construction business but also can't do without several critical Windows
apps.

--
Rene Esquivel
c) 404-202-0896