WINE Problems

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Mar 1 13:37:46 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> tilleyrw at debian:~$ wine /mnt/C/Program\\ Files/Agent/agent.exe
>
> or single quote the entire mess:
> tilleyrw at debian:~$ wine '/mnt/C/Program\ Files/Agent/agent.exe'

That won't help, the user quoted the argument correctly in the first place
(if he didn't, the winelauncher error wouldn't appear). I sent a patch to
wine-patches to fix winelauncher regarding this. In any case, the error is
completely harmless - the arguments are passed correctly to wine
regardless of that unquoted if test.

But I don't know why wine fails - if it didn't find the app, it should
have given an error message, at least. The winelauncher has a "debug"
button... perhaps the user should have used that?