Does anyone run the following reliably under WINE?

Glitch brandon at ovnet.com
Fri Mar 2 16:46:31 CST 2001

Robert MacGregor wrote:

> I have some indispensable tools which I have not seen satisfying GPL
> alternatives, which I've invested considerable amounts of $$$$, and
> which are indispensable tools for me and I'd like to ping you all for
> confirmation or other comments about getting the following apps to work
> in WINE -- so I can finally make the jump to Linux as my desktop OS and
> not just my server OS!
>
> Those programs are:
> - Flash 5
> - Dreamweaver Ultradev
> - Rational Rose Enterprise Ed. 2000
> - Kinetix 3D Studio Max R5
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Rob

Flash 5 works in Linux. I've gotten Flash 4 to work but haven't
personally tried Flash 5.  Linux specific versions are available from
Macromedia.com

Not sure about the middle 2 but as far as 3DSMax goes there is Houdini
for Linux (retial $17000) that may or may not be similar to 3DSMax.
There is also Blender for Linux.  I find it hard to use. I was able to
figure out Bryce w/o needing a manual but Blender is just about
imposible to use w/o having a manual for knowing where to find things.
There is a guide available which was featured in the latest LJ.

HTH
brandon