Wine Starcraft slowness

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Fri Mar 2 17:16:12 CST 2001

I am running Starcraft under Wine on RH 7.0 with Stock XF86 server.  I
got OpenGL to work with my NVidia GEForce 2 MX card (hence, DRI works),
because I have installed the Linux version of Unreal Tournament and it
works beautifully.  Unfortunately, that is much more than I can say
about Starcraft under Wine.  I understand that there is an X extension
called DGA that I can use to speed things up, however, since I'm not
familiar with the intricacies of X, I don't know how to enable it.  Also,
http://www.hazalthorn.freeserve.co.uk/xfree86.html
sems to have explicitly disabled The DGA extension in order to get DRI
to work, but that's for Quake III and other such 3D games (I didn't have
to do that for UT).  So, which one works better ?  DGA on, or DGA off ?
Either way, I also need to know what I have to type or avoid typing into
XF86Config in order to achieve the desired state in my X server.

Thanks a lot !