Need to get ONE program running - hamradio logging

Jerry Smiley jsmiley at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 18:43:56 CST 2001

Peter Lemken wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> http://www.qsl.net/kc4elo/
>
> has a freeware program called "logger" that I have been using
> extensively. Since there is no decent pragram for hamradio logging, I
> would like to continue using it with wine.
>
> However, the program starts up but does not seem to read any of its
> configuration files, i.e. tries to start as a new user. In addition to
> that, it seems to look for external files (DLLs?), which it obviously
> can#t find and one can only quit the program, since it reports "Cannot
> find one or more specified files".

Peter,
Have tried running wine with the --dll option loading the DLLs?
For example:  wine -dll comdlg32,commdlg=b, shell32=b      where b
equals to builtin DLLs versus the native DLLs.

You can also try the following sites for more info..

Jerry   WB4TVR

http://www.winehq.com

http://www.linuxdoc.org/FAQ/faqs/Wine-FAQ