Linux newbie Wine setup?

Nastynas nastynas at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 4 01:28:00 CST 2001

When i go to console and type mount /cdrom and cd /cdrom and type wine
setup.exe
i get this message:

??????@linux:/cdrom > wine setup.exe
Could not stat /mnt/fd0, ignoring drive A:Could not stat /c, ignoring drive
C:Invalid path 'c:\windows' for windows directory Perhaps you have not
properly edited or created your Wine configuration file. This is either
/etc/wine.conf or $HOME/.winerc  or it is determined by the -config option
or from  the WINE_INI environment variable.Wine has used
/home/nastynas/.winerc as configuration file

this is what my how suse 7.0 manual tells me to configure it and my
wine.conf file is in  /home/??????/wine.conf:

 [Drive A] Path=/mnt/fd0
 Type=floppy
Label=FloppySerial=87654321
 Device=/dev/fd0
[Drive C]
Path=${HOME}/wine
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95

[Drive D]
Path=/Type=cdrom
Label=CD-Rom
Filesystem=win95
; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
Device=/dev/cdrom
[Drive E]
Path=/tmp
Type=hd
Label=Tmp
Filesystem=win95
[Drive F]
Path=${HOME}
Type=network
Label=Home
Filesystem=win95
[wine]
Windows=c:\windows
System=c:\windows\system
Temp=e:\
Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\;e:\test;f:\
Profile=c:\windows\Profiles\Administrator
GraphicsDriver=x11drv
; Wine doesn't pass directory symlinks to Windows programs by default. ;
Enabling this may crash some programs that do recursive lookups of a whole;
subdir tree in case of a symlink pointing back to itself.;
ShowDirSymlinks=1
 ShellLinker=wineshelllink
# <wineconf>
[DllDefaults]
 EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/wine/cvs/lib