more halflife woes :(

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 01:14:02 CST 2001

>Now, where I'm at right now is the thing dies at "Loading..."  By
>default, there's no error message shown other than a ton of
>

>Can anyone shed any light on this mess?  I'm going insane trying to
>figure this one out...
>

>Thanks
>alex

Ok, this sounds like a similar problem to what I've been getting... now the
wierdest thing is that I have no idea what's going on, or how to solve the
problem, just I know that if you click on a menu item in the menu it goes away.
 Of course this means you have to run at a lower resolution that your largest
so that you CAN actually click on one of those menus.

What I'm thinking is happening is that the menu refuses to release control over
to the window, because the menu becomes suspended, and finish it's work.
Honestly, I don't know how to FIX this problem, I just know that this
workaround sometimes works...

Sometimes I also have problems with the window becoming minimized and if I try
and double click on the icon, it won't come up, then I right click it, and it
comes up... honestly, I'm very perplexed by most of the behaviors exhibited by
Counter-strike / Half-life in wine... I just keep trying stuff till it works...
it normally does...

Daniel "Krach" Foesch