[Newbie] - Wine libntdll.so error ?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Mar 6 13:35:01 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Allan Houston wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just installed the RPM version of wine from a Mandrake i686 package ,
> installs fine , but when I try to start it up I get a -

Which dam' RPM version?  The vintage is very important.

> wine: error in loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory.

The rpm from Mandrake 7.2 was Wine-20000909.  That was before ntdll was
split off from libwine, I think, so there shouldn't be anything in the
package looking for it.  Did you maybe try to brew a newer wine and
leave pieces of it to get in the way of the rpm?

If the rpm is Wine-20001031 or newer, it should have a libntdll.so in
/usr/X11R6/lib.  Try an ldd on it and see if it likes it.

Lawson

_We_ control the horizontal.   - Rod Serling

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.