missing textures with counterstrike?

Alex Sanks madcow_ucsb at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 17:08:47 CST 2001

I finally got my halflife running (don't ask how...it just decided to
work for some reason).  Anyway there's a couple problems: first off once
cstrike loads and I'm in the game, there's a lot of missing textures.
Also any status area around the screen with text is just a yellow-shaded
kinda transparent box.  I'm using NVidia drivers on a geforce 256 (elsa
erazor x if it matters at all).  All other GL progs work fine.

The second problem is that it refuses to run full screen.  Not really a
problem I guess, but an annoyance.  To get it to start, I have to have
it in a window.  Then it hangs at "Loading...".  I click the close box
and double-click in the Loading... window and it comes back to life.
But with no close box to click it stays forever.  Weird.