debian Woody upgrade hurt my wine..., not sure of the new config

Jason Harvey jasonh at exario.net
Wed Mar 7 19:35:36 CST 2001

hello,

when i was running debian potato, i managed to get wine working
some-what. i hadn't played with it much- i just recently installed it. i
know it worked because sol.exe and notepad worked... i upgraded debian
to potato, which contained a new-er version of wine. i know that i
should use ~/.wine/config instead of /etc/wine.conf. for some reason, i
never had the winesetup untility, so i installed it. i've used the
utility with every possible setting, but haven't gotten anything to
work. i'm using samba to mount my windows pc over a LAN. i've edited the
config manually, but i still get the same error:

FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
x11drv.dll:
libOSMesa.so.3: cannot load shared object file: No such file or
directory
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
Cannot load user32.dll

on potato, i used to get a similar error about 'x11drv', but it ran
anyway! i'm also wondering... could this somehow be affected by the
upgrade to the newer xfree86?

on potato, i was running wine 0.0.20000109-3 with xfree86 3.3.6. on
woddy i'm running wine 0.0.20010112-3 with xfree86 4.0.2-1.

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. if need be, i can post some
of my config....

TIA,
jason