missing textures with counterstrike?

Alex Sanks madcow_ucsb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 13:02:46 CST 2001

well, to answer my own question, I tried replacing the 1024 fonts in the
valve directory with 1026 (per instruction i saw somewhere on the net).
  This actually broke the scoreboard fonts, etc (they're readable, but
all squashed and stuff).  But somehow this brought my textures back to
life.  All i gotta do is fix my sound and I'm golden.