DOS Emulator?

Malte Cornils malte at cornils.net
Thu Mar 8 14:11:49 CST 2001

Warren Hrach wrote:

> > Warren,
> > Thanks, but i'm looking for a free DOS emulator. I've heard of DOSEMU
> > (?) I don't know anything about it or where to find it though. Thanks
> > for the suggestion re: VMware though.
> > Anyone know of a free DOS emulator for Linux that is good?
>
> Dosemu comes with Redhat but I never tried it.  Don't want to do anything in
> windoz or dos.

DOSEmu is quite good at emulating pure DOS; it's on www.dosemu.org
(well, google should have found it, if not common sense, but well).
You might find it packaged in your Linux distribution (almost
certainly actually). However, it requires some setting up until it
works; I've been able to play Dragonstrike (an old SSI "flight"
simulator) and "Deathgate", a graphical adventure from Legend (both
are Abandonware, I do own DS though). Sound didn't work though.

Applications should work even better...

Have fun experimenting,
-Malte #8-)