Illustrator 7.0 worked . . . once?

LPankonin lpankonin at home.com
Fri Mar 9 13:03:11 CST 2001

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at news.sloboda.baikal.ru> wrote in message
news:9881ak$ia08 at news...
> "LPankonin" <lpankonin at home.com> wrote:
>
> > The first time I tried to run Adobe Illustrator 7 under wine it worked
fine
> > (other than it wouldn't open or save any files). Now, it gives me an
error
> > message: "Unable to find AIRes.dll. Please reinstall application." The
file
> > AIRes.dll is right where it's supposed to be. Any ideas?
>
> Illustrator wouldn't find their AIRes.dll if you don't start from its home
> directory. Right now I'm playing with AI 9.0 and it shows the same
behaviour.

> I do:
> cd '~/Adobe/Illustrator 9.0'
> wine ./Illustrator.exe
>
> It works fairly well for me. Although I'm not a designer. I just do open
> sample files and watch the result :-)

Hello Dmitry,

That's it! Now that you mention it, I do recall running Illustrator from the
~/Adobe/Illustrator directory when I ran it the first time. It tried it
again and it worked. Thank you!

Now, if I can only figure out why it won't open any files (other than the
four in the history list under the file menu), or place, or save as...

Everything else seems to work okay.

LP