Successful compile of Wine

cfk at pacbell.net cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 11 14:30:57 CST 2001

I was able to compile and run Wine successfully this morning. I can now run
WELCOME.EXE, CALC.EXE & NOTEPAD.EXE where I am currently putting windows
(non-catalization intentional) programs in /c/windows.

I do have a coule of questions however. I get an error saying basically an
exported function needed from MSVCRT.DLL is not found, try using the native
one instead when running NOTEPAD.EXE (but notepad runs, and can read/write a
file). I tried copying MSVCRT.DLL from my w2k machine to the same /c/windows
directory where I am currently putting all the windows executables and now
notepad still complains, but it also doesnt create its main window. So, I
renamed the MSVCRT.DLL back to something else, and NOTEPAD.EXE runs again.
On a related question, I run SOL.EXE or FREECELL.EXE and they complain about
their missing CARDS.DLL. I bring the CARDS.DLL across from the w2k machine
and they still complain and don't run. And lastly, I am trying to run
codewright (that of course is more ambitious then the games) and I can
execute CW32.EXE and there is a momentary flash of a window trying to be
instantiated and then I am back to my bash shell with no errors on the
shell. I tried adding CWbasic.dll from the w2k machine to no avail.

Any suggestions will as always, be gratefully appreciated.

Charles