Code change required in x11drv keyboard driver

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Mar 12 12:30:51 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Andy Johnson wrote:

> OK OK. I'm sorry that it wasn't in the right place or in the requested
> format. I was so chuffed with finding something I thought I could
> contribute, rather than just downloading and using other peoples
> software and watching as others did all the work.

No need to be sorry.  I wasn't trying to censure you, I was trying to
help.  Sometimes I may seem a bit more sarcastic than I mean to.

> I don't usually hack others efforts - I've never really needed to before
> - and so I read the offline Wine USER's guide, found what I wanted to do
> didn't fit in with bug reporting (perl scripted or otherwise) and so
> went to the next place I could find. This newsgroup.

I didn't mean hack in a bad sense.  Sometimes it takes a lot of
experiments to see what in the API actually does something in the cloud
of wasted motion that is ms windose.

> I'll try and font the correct place to post and in future keep my big
> mouth shut.
>
> Andy Johnson

Looks like you did.  Now maybe we will see if someone knows why that
code was the way it was, maybe we will see your patch go in to wine-cvs,
or maybe it will disappear into a black hole.

Lawson

If you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.