How to debug/fix "err:win32:fixup_imports"

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 12 16:50:35 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:17:37 -0800, Martin Wolters
<martinw at atc.creative.com> wrote:

<snip>
>err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
>NTDLL.dll.3(IoUnregisterDeviceInterface), setting to 0xdeadbeef
>trace:relay:PE_InitDLL
>CallTo32(entryproc=0x4190df20,module=41907000,type=1,res=(nil))
>--- snipp -------
>
>I used one of the daily builds from March 5th. All native dlls (including
>ntdll.dll) were taken from my Windows 98 machine at work.
>
>Any ideas/help on how to fix that? Thanks in advance

There is a missing function.  The only real fix is to write
an implementation for the function. Sometimes you can
workaround by using more builtin libraries (when the missing
function is invoked by a 'native' (ms) library - something
that obviously never happens with builtin (wine) libraries)

Also, this is often not a real problem : if the Api is not
called, the app can work correctly. If it's called, it's a
crash of course.

Gerard