Winelib problems

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 13 13:12:07 CST 2001

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:
[...]
> > Then, Where can I find this .spec file ?
>
> Code it yourself, if you don't want to use winemaker to generate it for
> you.  The format is described in <wine>/tools/winebuild/README, I think.

   You can also look at the Winelib User Guide:
   http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/winelib-user/spec-file.shtml
   (which you also have in sgml format in Wine's documentation
directory)

   Writing the spec file is fairly easy. But the way you compile it and
use it is a bit, hmmm, say, convoluted, and unfortunately does not match
what the documentation says (until I get time to update the
documentation or someone else does it).

   Until then, you can get an idea of how things are put together by
looking at the main 'Make.rules.in'. But the simplest way would be to
run winemaker on a simple 'Hello World' program and look at the
resulting 'Makefile.in'.

   And maybe you should reconsider about not using winemaker, but of
course I may be biased.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com