unexpected async reply (sequence 0x20fb)!

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.baikal.ru
Wed Mar 14 06:14:01 CST 2001

"Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey.oudaltsov at clients.ie> wrote:

> Now, on wine startup, after rather long font refresh, I constantly get
> Xlib error. See subject.
>
> What's wrong with my Xlib (from XFree86 4.0.2)? Any ideas are very
> welcome.

I believe, that the source of all problems with fonts is in Xlib.
Wine does not handle fonts itself, but leaves that sort of work to X.

Unfortunately, it seems that Xlib doesn't ready to handle a fairly continuous
flow of font requests. Due to this limitation I can't use all my 242 Type1
fonts in PageMaker under Wine. I get the same result with "unexpected async reply".

Reducing number of fonts solves that problem.