problems running homesite

Anton Stoeckl as at j-point.de
Wed Mar 14 10:21:19 CST 2001

Rein Klazes wrote:
> You are probably using win2k or maybe NT4.0 dll's. That is almost
> certainly not going to work. In general Win95 and '98 native windows
> dll's work the best.

I finally found all the Win98 dll's but my homesite still doesn't run:

tony at t:~>wine --dll comctl32,commctrl=n --winver=win98 homesite45.exe
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 15 ignored
err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl for synth info failed.
fixme:ddeml:DdeNameService (1,49224,0,1): stub
fixme:ddeml:DdeNameService (1,49224,0,2): stub
fixme:ddeml:DdeUninitialize (1): partial stub

Maybe the reason is the midi stuff error?
I have tried it with the nativ midimap.drv but that only produces one extra error!

Any further suggestions?

Cheers, Tony