sysmetrics.c:42: SYSMETRICS_Init: Assertion hdc' failed.

Ville Herva vherva at niksula.cs.hut.fi
Wed Mar 14 14:48:09 CST 2001

Thanks for the reply,

In article <3aaf9a7b.3435545 at news.freesbee.fr>, g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2001 16:27:34 GMT, vherva at niksula.cs.hut.fi (Ville Herva)
> wrote:
>
> >Warning: the temporary directory '/mnt/fat/temp' (specified in wine
> >configuration file) is not writeable.
>
> config error here; I don't think that's the reason for the problem
> but it's not good anyway.

Yeah, I was fairly certain it didn't matter since other apps do run, and
this one does not use temp dir at all. I fixed it anyway.

> >err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll display.dll still not
> >found
>
> Can you try to run with -debugmsg +module to see if the display driver
> is loaded (libx11.drv) ?

Frankly, I'm not sure.

'wine -debugmsg +module vidvm.exe 2&>1 | grep -1 x11' only gives these
lines:

 61: x11drv      : B - -
trace:module:load_library loaded x11drv.dll 0x40392fd8 40651000
trace:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Already loaded module 'x11drv.dll' at
0x40651000, count=2,
trace:module:MODULE_DllProcessAttach (x11drv.dll,0x1) - START
trace:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Already loaded module 'x11drv.dll' at
0x40651000, count=2,

The full -debugmsg +module log is at
http://v.iki.fi/~vherva/wine.log

> Maybe it's just another of these nasty OpenGl compilation problems.

-- v --

v at iki.fi