WINEPS insists on using LPT1:

Lee Allen lee at leadtec.com
Wed Mar 14 15:40:51 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:26:31 GMT, g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

>I have dug an old post where I was trying to address the problem
>of printing using a text driver; there are all places where I had
>to set something to get it to load; maybe some of these places
>is missing for you ? OTOH I have never used the Ps driver so
>beware this could be irrelevant (or even already obsolete :-/)

Wow: The TTY driver was my first choice; I worked on it for days,
dredged through the archives, then finally gave up on it and focussed
on the 'supported' WINEPS.  I would really like to output simple,
straight text.

Did you get TTY to work? If so...
Are you using the wine [builtin] tty drivers, or windows native
drivers?  If the latter, are we talking 16-bit Win 3.1 (which I don't
have access to) or 32-bit?  Do you have any DLL settings (eg commdlg)
other than "builtin, native" ?

My reason for wanting to email was there was such a 'lag' between my
posting something, and it appearing on the newsgroup, that it was
taking us 2 days to conduct our 'conversation', and the content seemed
to not be terribly relevant to the world at large.
But this content seems more relevant.

-Lee Allen