problem with regapi on Solaris 8 x86

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Mar 14 19:05:10 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Timothy Naple wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been tinkering with Wine on Solaris 8 x86.  I downloaded the
> source (20010305) and built wine.  The installation went very well until
> the last part where I asked to build a registry using regapi.
>
> Here is the error I get when trying to run regapi.
>
> bash-2.03# ./regapi setValue <
> /usr/local/software/wine-20010305/winedefault.reg
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:

I don't know any distro that keeps a /mnt/fd0.  This is a
misconfiguration, but it is not fatal.

> ./regapi: cannot find 'setValue'

regapi.so does not exist, so it tries to load setValue.

> Protocol error: process 8065b90: partial recvmsg 0 for fd
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.  I have been playing for hours with no
> luck.
>
> Tim Naple
> tnaple at ligos.com

I think the build of regapi failed, somehow.  Are you using an install
tool, or doing it by hand?  I can get that message if I make regapi.so
not exist.  A winelib executable "binary" such as regapi is a symbolic
link to wine, which then tries to load and run FI regapi.so.

Maybe try to run a make in <wine>/programs/regapi and see if you get any
helpful error messages?

Or maybe Solaris don't do Elf and there are no .so files, in which case
I don't know what I am talking about.

Lawson

If you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.