problem with regapi on Solaris 8 x86

Richard Cohen richardc at watford-158.eng.sun.com
Thu Mar 15 06:19:23 CST 2001

[speaking on my behalf - my views are not necessarily those of my employer,
yada yada yada]

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:59:08 -0500 (EST), lawson_whitney at juno.com <lawson_whitney at juno.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Timothy Naple wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> To check the state of regapi.so, I ran
>>
>> make clean
>> make
>>
>> in the programs/regapi/ directory to rebuild regapi.so
>>
>> I noticed a great many errors (I apologize for the large transcript that
>> follows):
>>
>> bash-2.03# make
>> gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall
>> -fno-strength-reduce -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fPIC -DSTRICT
>> -D_REENTRANT  -o regapi.o regapi.c
>> regapi.c: In function `processSetValue':
>> regapi.c:640: warning: implicit declaration of function `strsep'
>
>?? You can't have gotten this far without having whatever serves solaris
>for glibc-devel (libc headers and so on) - or is strsep a linuxism?  I
>guess it might be.  Might have to ifdef around that one and figure out
>how to code the functionality without that function.

$ pwd
/usr/include
$ find . -name \*.h -exec grep strsep {} \; -print
$ uname -sr
SunOS 5.8

Nope - strsep is not there on Solaris (5.8, at least).

[other problems with linking snipped - I don't really know about them]

>> Thanks again for any help.
>>
>> Tim
>> tnaple at ligos.com
>>

>I really know bless-all about solaris - you will have to be the expert
>there - but I have been working with Wine on linux for a good while now.

I know one or two things about Solaris, and I've been *using* Wine for a
good while on Linux.  I must set aside an afternoon sometime soon to play
with Wine on Solaris...

>Lawson

Cheers
Richard