sysmetrics.c:42: SYSMETRICS_Init: Assertion hdc' failed.

Ville Herva vherva at niksula.cs.hut.fi
Thu Mar 15 06:49:43 CST 2001

In article <3ab0880b.4441751 at news.freesbee.fr>, g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2001 06:36:36 GMT, vherva at niksula.cs.hut.fi (Ville Herva)
> wrote:
> >Do you need the program? It is available at
> >http://www.viasys.com/VIDVM/Index_fin.html
>
> Hmm, it's said that it needs Autocad...
> Can it run without having it ?

The model builder needs Autocad. You can install just the viewer - it's a
standalone opengl app. That's what I've tried to run here.

BTW: I just upgraded from 2.4.1ac13 to 2.4.2ac20 and the newest version
stopped working. Now wine segfaults:

gdb =wine
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run newest/VidVM.exe
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/wine
newest/VidVM.exe
When you are running with a native NT directory specify
'Profile=<profiledirectory>' or disable loading of Windows
registry (LoadWindowsRegistryFiles=N)
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
found!
Using closest match instead (Swedish keyboard layout) for scancode mapping.
Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See documentation/keyboard for more information.

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) bterr:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f2350
wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=024f

No stack.

That was just a brief trial, I don't have much clue how I should debug it.

I'll have a look at the wine debugging docs as soon as I have time unless
you have better suggestions.

-- v --

v at iki.fi