Mathematika err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE

865news6854 at vortex.physik.uni-konstanz.de 865news6854 at vortex.physik.uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 15 07:52:10 CST 2001

Hi folks,

after a glitch-free installation of Mathematika 4.0 using wine-20010305
(congratulations, I am impressed with the progress over the last year!),
the MathKernel and the console-version math.exe seem to work fine, only the
proper Mathematica.exe notebook app fails with this error:

err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [1264] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!

wine does not consequently exit but stays around, asking for an ctrl-\ or
kill. Has anybody seen this before? any experience with Mathematika. What
can I do? The documentation, although comprehensive, does not seem to help
me through this.

Please get in touch with me if you have any suggestions.

Regards
Max